Karen’s Kloset accepts designer and better label items in “like new” condition. All consigned apparel must be freshly laundered, wrinkle free, and on hangers. We accept only current fashions in new, ready to sell condition. Shoes, handbags, and other accessories are welcomed in “like new” condition. Items in plastic bags & items not freshly laundered cannot not be accepted.
DROP AND RUN is available
7 days a week for existing consignors. We will go through your items first come, first
serve. Accepted items will appear on your account and no-thank you
items will be donated to charity. In season items will be consigned
while out of season items will be credited at current off season rates.
Drop and Shop is available 7 days a week for clients with 30 items or less on hangers. We will go through your items when you bring them in (first come,first serve). Any “no thank you’s” will be returned at that time. We reserve the right to donate to charity any items that are later discovered to be unacceptable and/or “No Thank You’s” that are unclaimed at the close of business that day.
Appointments are available for clients with 30+ items or for those looking for a cash on the spot option. You must call ahead.
- Karen’s Kloset consigns seasonal items. Spring: Feb & March Summer: April-July Fall: Aug & Sept Winter: Oct-Jan. Dates are subject to change. Options are available for out of season items.
- Clothing will be consigned for a period of 60 days from the date items were brought in. You, the consignor will receive 50% of the selling price, less a handling fee paid by the buyer.
- Karen’s Kloset reserves the right to price merchandise and the privilege of reducing the price to facilitate its sale.
- (Effective June 1st, 2017) Items priced over $25 may be retrieved on the 60th day. It will be the consignor’s responsibility to pull these items before the expiration date. Unsold items priced under $25 and those not picked up by expiration date become the property of Karen’s Kloset. Karen’s Kloset makes donations to various Champaign-Urbana charities.
- Due to the volume of consignors and clothing, there is an annual $5.00 processing fee. This fee will be deducted from your account.
- Checks over $40.00 will be issued on the 10th of each month for items sold the prior month. Amounts under $40.00 will be paid in cash. Check will be held at the store for pick up and will expire one year after date printed. You may use money posted to your account towards purchases at any time! You the consignor are responsible for checking back with Karen’s Kloset regarding funds.
- Clothing is left at consignor’s risk. We take extreme care with all merchandise. However, we cannot be responsible for loss or damage to merchandise by reason of fire, theft, or any other cause.
- 9.Please do not take offense if we do not select some of your clothing. Our staff must rely on past and present experience to determine what will sell in our store.